11.13.2008

Playing catch up



I haven't posted for awhile but I promise we're all well and happy. I feel like I've been floating in my little Plum world, just us, filling our days with figuring this whole thing out and becoming a family. The weather hear has turned and the rainy season is upon us. We had our first day of Sun today since November began I think, and oh was it lovely! Since Plum turned a couple months old we started back on our walks together and have been walking at least 4 or 5 miles a day. I've been determined to keep it up rain or shine and so far the weather's only kept us home for a couple days. We both enjoy it so much and Plum ends up taking her morning nap during the latter half of our walk in her carrier. I also recently purchased the world's largest (and brightest-green-just-try-to-stop-me-from-walking) umbrella to hopefully keep us dry. I put her in the carrier on my front and then button her up in my sweater or jacket to keep her warm. It's an awesome setup. She gets her nap (and gets to be snuggled up against me) and I get my workout! I just read an awesome article called Urban Hikes in this issue of my new favorite magazine, Mothering, and it reminded me of us; and how I hope we'll keep up this pleasant routine.

In other Plum news, we had our 4-month checkup on Monday. Can you believe it's been 4 months? And now for the statistics for those of you who like that sort of thing;)

Weight: 13 lbs, 10.5 oz (38th %)
Height: 25 3/4 (88th %)
Head Circum. 40 1/4 (22th %)

This week baby girl has become very interested in feeling textures and has discovered her very interesting and amazing feet. She's also picked out a seemingly favorite toy, a hand-knit bunny from her Auntie, which she picked up by herself this week...and of course bunny immediately goes right in the mouth. Bunny tastes sooo good!

We also had some great news today. My parents will be coming to visit us on January 10th of next year. Yay! We're so excited for their visit and happy that we'll get to celebrate a late holiday together. I was feeling pretty bummed out as we'd decided we couldn't make it back for Christmas since we just spent a big $$$ chunk insulating the money pit....errhm..I mean...house..;)

And now for the bad news..Great Grandma D is in the hospital again. She fell today and cracked her pelvis. As awful as it sounds, apparently the doctor felt that it was akin to breaking a rib and that it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. Please send some good thoughts her way! Knowing this woman, with her strong spirit and optimism, she'll be back in the saddle in no time.

2 comments:

  1. She looks mildly freaked out by the whole pumpkin concept, but still a cutie! Percentile-wise, it looks like she'll be taking after her daddy (and cousin Bug).

    Feet are such fun and I am so tickled that she loves her bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures of Plum's Halloween experiences. I'm sure she just loves her walks with Mommy, too; even though she can't verbalize it, she's letting you know how warm and comfortable and relaxed she is by falling asleep while you're walking ;o)... And she's discovered her feet, or as we used to term it when her daddy was little, she's now into "diggin'" her feet!

    Good news, too, that your parents have set a date for their next visit. January will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete